Thursday, June 14, 2007

Its not our job and where is your stamp?



Why is it so difficult to get a complete service? I have someone who wants pay as you go electricity, we asked about it, well once I can prove ownership of the property they will sign us up. Great I thought, so I said, "You will come and install it all them" The conversation went like this.

"No sir you have to measure the distance from the meter to where you want the pay as u go key pad, then come back to us, we will then give you some cable of the correct length, you then have to get a electrician to put the cable from the meter to where you want the key pad to go, once this is done then come back to us and then we will install the key pad and install the new meter, fill out some forms, zero the account, fill out some more forms and then we will come and install it".

The same happened about the television, "Yes sir we can put in a extension in the bedroom, but you need to go to a electrical shop by three connectors and a cable splitter, as the engineers will need this". When the engineers turned up they would not put in the extension as they could not drill a hole in the wall, that was my job." Aaaaaaah!


Total service providers.....I think not.

If you are ever going to do business here your most important tool is your company rubber stamp. In the 21st Century, insurance firms, banks, governments all want you to put your rubber stamp on a document. Yes a rubber stamp, I said to a bank how does e-commerce deal with a stamp. The law does not require me to have a stamp so why does everyone demand it. Any old stamp as long as it has the company name on it.

My children are bugging me so I have found a few potatoes.. I used to make stamps out of these at school. "hey kids want to have some fun"

Where is my rum bottle

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Expand into the rubber stamp business then!